Camp NaNo Decisions

Last week, I realized how close this year's first session of Camp NaNoWriMo is. The resulting panic was mostly short-lived and minimal. 

I've had my Camp novel picked out for a while. It's taking some of the characters from last July's Camp novel, and putting them in a new setting, with a new cast and plot. (Though, while I liked the characters and the idea for that novel, they just weren't working together as I'd hoped.) 

At first, I wanted to focus only on the Camp novel during April so I could finish a draft of it before diving back into edits of The Uprising. Now, I'm considering splitting the Camp experience between the two: drafting the new idea, and working on revisions for The Uprising. I've fallen behind when it comes to progress on the latter project, and I really, really, really want to finish that up as soon as possible.

I'm thinking of setting my new novel goal for 25,000 words, and maybe setting a chapter-based goal for The Uprising. Have any of you used Camp NaNo for revisions and drafting a new novel? I spent NaNoWriMo 2013 reworking older drafts and ideas into what is now the current draft of The Uprising, so I know the accountability is a huge plus for finishing goals. But if anyone has any tips, I'd love to hear them. :)



Anyone else signing up for the April session of Camp NaNo?

Comments