A Week of Words



Last week, I didn’t do much writing, and when I attempted to, the words didn’t make it from my head to the page very often. This week has, in contrast, been an improvement.

For The Luckless Ones, progress has been moderate. The characters have surprised me by how different they ended up being. I thought I had them figured out, to be honest. The surprises have been fun to follow though. My goal is to hit 25,000 words in it by the 20th, and maybe have the first draft finished by the end of the month. I don’t think this draft will be long at all, and it will need an intense amount of polishing, but for now, I keep telling myself that it is just the first draft. 

The King’s Messenger is moving along. I’ve still got a few hundred words to write this week before I meet my 1,000-word goal.

I haven’t been working on The Assassin’s Daughter revisions much this week. I’ve been taking a break from it while I get feedback on the first few chapters. I’m actually pretty excited to start working on this one again, so I can start revisions for Book Two. 

And that’s pretty much how things have been on the writing front. 

Oh, and I also joined myWriteclub. Currently, I’m using it to track my word counts for The Luckless Ones and The King’s Messenger. The progress graph is rather motivating.


Comments