AFSiJ 2014: Week One

 Actually Finishing Something in July is hosted at Whisperings of the Pen. You can find out more by clicking the button.  







Week One Questions:

1) What is your writing goal? 
My main writing goal for the month is Camp NaNo, though I do have some others. 
  • Add 10,000 words to Red (the Camp NaNo project)
  • Hit 25,000 words in TAD2
2) Give us a short synopsis of your project. 
Red is loosely based in some Norse mythology and fairy tales. My mom and I are cowriting it, but we haven’t yet got a synopsis...

TAD2 continues the story from The Assassin’s Daughter. It explores a few new character journeys, and takes a look at the outcomes of decisions Kat and Ed make in the first book.

3) How long have you been working on this project?
Red first began in 2012. My mom and I have been working on it since.
TAD2 began in early 2011. In between now and then, it’s been revised and revised again.

4) How often do you intend to write in order to reach your goal by August 1st? 
I’d like to get at least a few minutes of writing in each day. We’ll see how it goes. So far, I’ve been able to squeeze in at least thirty minutes of writing time each day, and sometimes I’ve been getting in an hour or two over the course of a day.

5) Introduce us to three of your favorite characters in this project. 
Hm. That’s a tough one. I think I’ll choose characters from both projects, if that’s okay.

From Red, I’ll introduce Jorryn. He’s the narrator I’ve worked most with in this story. His role in the story is a tricky one to write, but I’m having fun with it. He’s a bit of a mysterious figure. In spite of his enjoyment in collecting stories from local villagers and travelers, he’s recently learned a secret about himself and his siblings which makes him a bit uncomfortable, and on top of that, he is stepping up to take on a role with more responsibilities. So, he’s growing and changing and I’m trying to keep up with his thoughts...

My second character comes from TAD2. Vernin is an energetic fellow who likes to play at pretending, and he’s talented at doing so. He spends much of his time trying to keep other peoples’ secrets as well as his own, though he might feel inclined to sell a few if the price suits his motives.

Also from TAD2 is Kilam. He’s a young captain of the city guard, and he takes his line of work very seriously. He’s made mistakes, and though he can’t fix them, he tries to compensate for the consequences by doing his best in protecting his city.


6)  Go to page 16 (or 6, 26, or 66) of your writing project. Share your favorite line or snippet on the page.
“I am not a person of many superstitions.”
       (Red, p. 6) 

7) Tea or coffee? 
I’ve fallen in love with warm tea recently. (My current favorites are peppermint and blueberry.)

Comments

  1. Peppermint tea is awesome. Red sounds cool! And it's really neat that you're coauthoring it with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Red sounds fantastic! Will we be able to read some snippets, maybe?? :] And you're co-writing with your ma? That's awesome. Keep it up!

    By the way, I've awarded you the Sunshine Award!

    If you have time to do it, here's the link: http://sarah-plainandaverage.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to share some snippets soon. I just need to pick some out...

      Thank you so much! Hopefully I can post it this weekend. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi, and welcome to Lovely Whatsoevers!

Feel free to comment—I love hearing from you!

(If this is your first visit to LW, I'd love to hear how you found this little corner of the internet!)

Thanks for stopping by!