AFSiJ 2014: Week Three


Actually Finishing Something in July is hosted at Whisperings of the Pen.

Week Three Questions


Were you able to meet your goal this week? 

Yes. I met my Camp NaNo goal of 10,000 words for Red. I’m currently working toward 15,000.

 
Where did you get the bulk of your writing accomplished? In the quiet of your room, outside on the patio, on the bus?
 
Most of my writing happened at my desk or in the living room.   

Share a couple of your favorite snippets!


I don’t say the words on my tongue, the ones that linger there and have lingered there for years. To utter these doubts would not bring the answers I want.     (Red, p. 9)

“Step lively, trickster.”     (Red, p. 21)



I trail a fingertip over the fading emblem near the middle of the first column as I pass: the symbol of chain links, wrapping around the column. The mark of my family, a symbol of strength. I suppose it is suiting that the carving is wearing away.     (Red, p. 47)
 
Have you introduced a new character into your story? Tell us about his or her personality.
I sort of introduced a new character. He’s been in the story since it began, but this was my first venture in writing from his POV. He would best be described as mischievous, with motives which remain mysterious. :)

 List the favorite foods of your main characters.
 Jorryn’s favorite food would be a stew with vegetables and a variety of spices.

 Introduce us to the antagonist in your story and tell us about one of his or her quirks.
There are a couple of antagonistic characters in this story (technically, Jorryn might be considered one). Some of the others, I’m not sure I know them well enough to know their quirks yet... 

Comments