Beautiful People: July 2014

http:///www.paperfury.com

 Beautiful People is a blog meme hosted by Sky and Cait. You can find out more by clicking the button and visiting their blogs.



The votes have been counted from here and here, and it looks like Mari is the winner! (Delest was next in line with two votes—perhaps there will be a post featuring him in the future?) On to the questions!

1) What’s their favourite food? (Bonus: favourite flavor of chocolate!) 
Mari is a huge fan of fruit, of which grapes would likely be her favorite (apple slices with peanut butter would be a close second). Her favorite chocolate is the kind with orange flavoring.
 
2) What do they absolutely hate? 
She likes spontaneity, but she likes it in small amounts and only in certain situations; when something doesn’t go as planned, she may overreact to a degree.
Runaway scissors are also the bane of her existence.
 
3) What do they enjoy learning about?   
Mari’s primary interest is fashion, and she loves learning about it and how to make things her own. Sewing is her favorite aspect of it all, and she likes to try out new designs just to see them come to life with a few pieces of fabric and some thread. 

4) Who is the most influential person in their life?   
Mack, her fiance, is probably the most influential person to Mari. He’s an anchor for her, and she knows he’ll be there when she needs him. 
 
5) What is their childhood fear? 
Hmm. Being lost, I think, would best describe her childhood fears. She’s always felt a little out of place since her parents divorced, and she harbors a worry of feeling that way for the rest of her life. 

6) What is something they have always secretly dreamed of doing, but thought impossible? 
I like this question, but I’m not sure there is an answer for it yet. 
  
7) What is something she is impractically afraid of?   
Being an inconvenience. Mari is the sort of person who will try to help everyone else through their problems, but she will make hers seems as close to nonexistent as she can. Occasionally, Mack and Emelie are an exception to this rule.
 
8) Are they a night owl or morning person?   
Mari is definitely a morning person. She likes to wake up around 7:00 in the morning and get an early start on the day. She’s in the middle of planning a wedding, designing a dress, and attempting to fix a number of her friends' problems. She needs the extra hours in her schedule.

9) Do they say everything that pops into their head, or leave a lot unsaid?   
The answer to this question is dependent upon the person with whom she is speaking. Around Mack, she tends to say what is on her mind, even though he may call her out on it. With her friend, Emelie, or her cousin Ivy, she is a bit more reserved, for a number of reasons.
 
10) What are their nervous habits?
When she’s nervous, she tends to babble. She tries to catch herself before the situation gets embarrassing, but is not always successful.

Comments

  1. Ohhhh, GRAPES. I hardly ever find people (okay, well fictional or not) who are as obsessed with grapes as I am. Seriously: grapes are life. FOOD FROM HEAVEN. *ahem* Also, Mari sounds awesome and because of her grape love, I like her immensely. ;)
    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure grapes are some of the best fruits ever, hehe.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Mari sounds like a lovely, sweet character. I saw your list of writings- which of your stories is she from?

    - Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari happens to be from The Luckless Ones.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Fruit! Yum. And grapes. They may not be my favorite fruit (I don't really know what is. They're in the top 10 for certain, though), but I think it's safe to say they're my favorite snack. I like to stick the whole bag in the freezer and then just snack on them for a few weeks. Oooh, another orange chocolate person. Nobody's said orange mint caramel chocolate yet. Wonder why? ;)

    Ahhh runaway scissors. Terribly annoying.

    Those pesky questions you don't yet have answers for...

    #7 sounds quite like me and #8 is extremely unlike me.

    Which WIP is she from? You wouldn't happen to have a blurb of some sort, would you? I just took a quick peek at your "Writing" page, and I love every one of those titles very much!

    the writeress @ barefoot in the snow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally try that flavor of chocolate, but then again I have a fondness for caramel and chocolate anyway...

      Thank you so much! Titles are difficult, and I'm always wondering if they sound interesting enough! Mari is from The Luckless Ones. I don't really have a blurb yet, but it follows a group of friends/acquaintances through various "big" life changes (graduation, a wedding, and an attempt at matchmaking). It's taken a different turn than planned, so I'm not sure yet what it's going to be when this draft is finished though. *sigh* I guess right now I'm still figuring out what sort of story it wants to be. :)

      Thanks so much for stopping by!


      Delete
    2. Have you ever tried those Simply Caramel Milky Ways? Simply heavenly.

      I get that. It can be rather frustrating, trying to figure out exactly what a story is. But it can be fun and interesting, too.

      Delete
    3. No, I haven't, but I probably should! :)

      Delete
  4. She sounds like a relatable character! I love her name, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mari sounds like a very real and relatable character. Which one of your writings is she from?

    Carly @ Books and Etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      Mari is from The Luckless Ones.

      Delete
    2. I checked out your 'writing page' and I see that The Luckless Ones is a contemporary. Do you have a synopsis that I could read? Contemporary is one of my favorite genres! :)

      Carly @ Books and Etc

      Delete
    3. Currently, I don't have a "real" description written for it yet (though I'm hoping to have one soon!). Basically it follows a group of friends/acquaintances through some "big" life changes; it's sort of a story about growing up, I guess. It's taken a few unexpected turns, and so I'm still trying to figure out exactly what kind of story it wants to be.

      I enjoy reading contemporary, but this is my first major attempt at writing it. So...it's been surprising but I'm hoping to finish the rough draft soon and start sorting through it for the good stuff. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi, and welcome to Lovely Whatsoevers!

Feel free to comment—I love hearing from you!

(If this is your first visit to LW, I'd love to hear how you found this little corner of the internet!)

Thanks for stopping by!