Favorite Lazy Day Movies



Sometimes, I just enjoy spending a lazy day or two watching movies and resting. Below are a few of my favorites for such occasions, in no particular order.

While You Were Sleeping
More times than not, this is my go-to movie for lazy days. Or any day, for that matter. If I ever had to choose a favorite movie, it would probably be this one. :)


Pride & Prejudice
This is my favorite adaptation of the Austen novel, with my favorite version of Mr. Darcy. This is very often the first movie I think of from my movie shelf if I’m thinking of a marathon.

  
Thor
This is probably the movie that really caused my nerdiness over the Avengers. As much as I enjoyed the previous movies leading to this one, Thor and Loki became my favorite superhero and villain. I pick this one from the movie shelf quite often.

Austenland
This is the newest addition to the list. I’d watched the trailer last year but it wasn’t in theaters here, so I had to wait for it to come to DVD so I could rent it. I don’t own it yet, but when I do, it will definitely be a good one for marathoning.


Emma
This is probably my favorite adaptation of Emma. Emma is my second favorite of Austen’s novels, and I think this is a fun take on it.

Penelope
This was one of those movies I rented because it looked kinda cute and I hadn’t watched it before. It’s quirky, but it’s a fun one which often is considered for marathon days. 


  
North & South
My little sister was the one who told me I should watch this miniseries. Her reasons: “it’s a little bit like those Jane Austen movies you like, and it has Richard Armitage in it.” So I watched it, and it has become a staple for my marathon considerations.


Sense and Sensibility
 As you can tell, I’m something of an Austen fan.   :)   This is the only film adaptation I’ve watched of this novel, and I love how sweet it is. 


What are some of your favorite “lazy day” movies?


Comments

  1. You have a pretty good selection. :] I especially love the Austen ones! Although I tend to lean more toward the 1995 version of Pride & Prejudice. . . North & South is awesome!! Your sister has a marvelous reason regarding why a person should see it. ;D I love that version of Emma. I saw one other, but loved this one best. And Thor! GAH! So good.

    I love watching the extended versions of Lord of the Rings on lazy days. But those kind of days usually go for more chick-flicks, for some reason. . .

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)

    I've seen the 1995 P&P, but it's been several years... I've also seen part of the one from the 1940s, though I need to watch the whole thing.

    LOTR marathons are great! I usually have to watch them over the course of a few days, with work and everything (although I did get to do a 1-day marathon for my 17th birthday). I love the extended versions of the movies. Which one is your favorite?

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, and welcome to Lovely Whatsoevers!

Feel free to comment—I love hearing from you!

(If this is your first visit to LW, I'd love to hear how you found this little corner of the internet!)

Thanks for stopping by!