AFSiJ 2014: Finale



Actually Finishing Something in July is hosted at Whisperings of the Pen

Finale Questions

Did you reach your goal?
I did reach my goal for Red

TAD2 remained sadly neglected, though I’ve been thinking about it throughout the month. I’m hoping to dive back in this week on writing it and The Luckless Ones

What was the most difficult part of finishing something this July?
Uh, hm. Probably figuring out the details in the story. Mom and I changed some of our plans from the original ideas, and so we’ve been weaving those into these new scenes we wrote for Camp NaNo. 

I really wanted to make sure my POV characters all had strong, varying voices, too. That could probably use a bit of work, but I’m not completely disappointed with how they’ve turned out so far.
 
Did you maintain a writing schedule? How often did you write to meet your goal?
Sort of. There were several days where I didn’t write anything (although most of them were days I was not at home for much of the day). I hoped to write at least 500 words each day, but some days fell far behind that mark. Still, I tried to write at least three days a week.

List some of the musical tracks/artists you listened to most frequently this July.
Probably Sons of Odin and The Compound, from the Thor soundtrack. I haven’t been listening to very much music while I write lately, which is different than my usual habits.
 
Snippets! Share some of your July writing. 

The world exists in nothing but colors and ear-piercing silence.    (Red, p. 38)


“There’s been a number of interesting whispers about you tonight.”

“Do me a favor and don’t tell me what they are.”    (Red, p. 30)
 

Pick a character from your July writing project and describe his or her daily wardrobe. Imagine how this character would dress is he or she were living in the year 2014. (This is your excuse to play with Pinterest and Polyvore. You're welcome.)
I think I shall choose Jorryn for this question.

Because it is winter where he lives, and a rough one at that, he dresses in warm layers, in tones of gray and brown. Over his shirt and trousers, he wears a brown waistcoat. His boots are worn leather, well-fitted to his feet and suitable for the terrain. He also wears a coat, which is brown leather, and a thick cloak which is a dark shade of gray-green. Often, he wears a pair of brown, fur-lined gloves, for long days of hunting and trapping. 


Comments

  1. Congrats on completing your goal for Red! What is it about, may I ask? And if you don't mind terribly, what is TAD2 about? And what does the title stand for?

    You write with your mom? That's so cool!

    I absolutely love those snippets! Especially the first one. Do you mind if I quote you on my blog? That snippet is among my favorite quotes, for sure.

    That outfit is super awesome. I love winter and guys' clothes/fashion.

    you have been nominated for the liebster award
    || the writeress ||

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Red is based around some Norse mythology about some of Loki's children. It's a little bit confusing to condense, since we've been reworking the story, but it's kind of a fantasy/adventure/mystery.

      TAD2 is the book after my novel, The Assassin's Daughter. It continues where the first book left off. TAD is about an assassin-in-training who is about to finish her training and preparing to earn the "official" title of Assassin. (I've almost finished the blurb for it and I'm hoping to have it on my "writing" page this week!)

      Thanks! I think you might be the first person to ask me that. That'd be cool, if you wouldn't mind linking back here? :)

      Thank you for the award! I'll have it posted soon. :)

      Delete
    2. Yup, I'll link this post as the source and list you as the author of the quote. Thanks! :)

      You're welcome! I'm looking forward to reading your post!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi, and welcome to Lovely Whatsoevers!

Feel free to comment—I love hearing from you!

(If this is your first visit to LW, I'd love to hear how you found this little corner of the internet!)

Thanks for stopping by!