2014 Top Tens: Movies



This as a difficult list to put together too, but without further ado, here are my Top Ten movies of 2014!
 

10.) Divergent
Not a perfect adaptation, but very well done. I really like how, despite the material that isn
t in the film, you can still get the same “feel” that the book has.
 
9.)
Dawn of the Planet of the ApesRise of the Planet of the Apes happens to be a movie that I really like, so I was really looking forward to the sequel. I like how we get to see how both humans and the apes have adapted in their new environments. (I also liked how the window from Caesar’s old house is kept as a symbol.)

8.)  How to Train Your Dragon 2
These movies are so much fun. The new dragon species looked really cool, but most of all, I loved the relationship between Toothless and Hiccup. (And glowing Toothless!)
 

7.) Frozen
While I liked Tangled a little bit more, I still thought this was a great movie. The story is so much fun and so is the soundtrack.
 

6.) Guardians of the Galaxy
I was late to the party for this one. And I’ll be honest: I didn’t want to see this one. It made me think of a bad cheesy ’80s movie or something. However, when I saw the second trailer, I got interested, and from there, everyone talked about how great the movie was. So, yeah, I kinda loved it. :)





5.) Maleficent

I love how this movie takes the story from Disneys Sleeping Beauty, adds in so much history, and gives the antagonist such depth. This is a fun movie, and I loved getting to see the story through Maleficents eyes.

4.) X-Men: Days of Future Past
I’m still trying to decide if I do like this one most of all the X-Men movies. It was fast-paced, and I like how the ending opens up some opportunities for different characters to make an appearance. But there are so many questions I want answered now…

3.) Captain America: The Winter Soldier
This might be my favorite movie of Phase Two. It was not at all what I expected but it was so good. And why do Marvel villains make us want to cry? Really?

2.) The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
Despite its flaws and the problems I had with this movie, it still ranks high on the list because of the moments that were literally perfect. I thought I might finally be prepared for the end. I have never been so wrong, in all my life. *hugs nearest Hobbit*

1.) Austenland
I picked this movie up on whim. And then I laughed until I cried and my sides hurt. And I also fell in love with Henry Nobley. (He’s adorable, that’s all I’m saying.)

Comments

  1. Tangled and Captain America are awesome! And I definitely want to see Guardians of the Galaxy and Battle of the Five Armies soon (like you said, I didn't think Guardians of the Galaxy was going to be cool at all and then SURPRISE everyone said it was awesome. So. I'm 407th in line for it at my library. :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guardians is quite fun. :) It doesn't take itself too seriously, which works. I'd love to hear your thoughts when you get to see it and Five Armies!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi, and welcome to Lovely Whatsoevers!

Feel free to comment—I love hearing from you!

(If this is your first visit to LW, I'd love to hear how you found this little corner of the internet!)

Thanks for stopping by!