Twenty-three | August 2016

Summer is approaching its close, and though I love the sunshine and clear(ish) weather, I admit I’m looking forward to some cooler temperatures in the coming weeks. August proved to be a busy month—involving travel and fun and lots of time spent with family. Here’s what I’ve been up to:

* Took a road trip.
My dad’s family reunion was at the beginning of August. We (my parents, my sister, and my sister-in-law) had a fun time road-tripping. That Saturday was mostly spent at my grandparents’ house and then Sunday was the reunion, which involved a playground and getting way too dizzy on the merry-go-round.

A photo posted by Jameson (@jamesonthewriter) on


* Continued my Middle-earth reread.
This is something I always mean to do every year, but it usually ends up being every other year. I’ve completed The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring, and am currently reading The Two Towers. I’m hoping to have the series finished around September.



* Turned 23.
I had a wonderful birthday. The morning started out with watching The Return of the King to finish out my semi-tradition of marathoning Middle-earth. My grandparents (on my Mom’s side) stopped by for a little while, and later, my parents, siblings, and I went out to eat. It was a relaxed day but a very nice one, which closed with watching Pride & Prejudice with my Mom.

* Hit 40K in Roguess.
This book was supposed to be done at 30,000 words. I think I’m closing in on the last third of the story, so hopefully it will be done by the mid-September.

* Worked on some blogging things.
So far, I’ve been able to keep up my goal of posting at least twice a month here. I’m putting together a blog series (which I mentioned here) and considering some other ideas too, like a monthly/bimonthly snippets post as well. Also, I’m thinking about redoing my social media bios but have no idea what I want them to be yet. *sigh*

So that’s what August looked for me. Tell me about your month! Have you had a good summer?


Comments

  1. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!! I'm glad to hear you had a nice day! <3 A middle earth reread sounds like so much fun! Though, I have to admit, I haven't yet read all the books! =/

    So does this mean I'm not the only one who continually writes books that are longer than they're supposed to be? Cause I do that all the time! Also, I forgot to comment because I read it on my phone, but I'm super pumped for your new blog series! And a monthly/bimonthly snippets post also sounds like fun!

    As you know, from my whining on Twitter, I am so ready for it to be fall already! My summer has been really nice, I went on some fun trips and things, but fall is my favorite time of the year, perfect for writing and being cozy in sweaters, so I am so ready for it! As for my August, it was pretty great, I saw some of my favorite bands in concert which was amazing, and I decided to set up a new writing blog which is exciting! XD
    Hope you have another great month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! :)

      I love the LOTR books, but they are a tough read sometimes! This time, particularly, it's taking me a while to get through them. I've been in more of a writing mood than a reading one, I guess.

      I think this is the second time I've had a book surprise me like this! It's not a bad thing, really, but it's not what I expected. For a first draft, I think it's coming together pretty well though.

      Yay! I'm hoping to get those started this month. Maybe around the 19th?

      Those all sound like awesome ways to spend the summer. I love road trips and concerts are so much fun! I am ready for cooler temps though (we've been steadily in the humid 90s most of the summer which is...ehh.). :)

      Ooh, a new writing blog? I'll definitely check it out! :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi, and welcome to my blog! Feel free to comment, but please be courteous (and if you don't mind, keep it family-friendly). :)


Thanks for stopping by!