Farewell, 2017! | December 2017

The older I get, the more I’ve come to realize December is one of my favorite months of the year. In part because Christmas is my favorite holiday, and also because it’s such a cozy month. It’s a time to reflect and look forward, and no other month of the year really has that same feeling to me.

Like last year, I won’t be doing a recap of the year to close out December on LW but will stick to my usual monthly recap. If you want to see more highlights from 2017, just click here!
WRITING
Updated The Pursuit of Merriment.
Story’s the same, just fewer typos and formatting problems. :)


Continued revisions for TAD2.
With holiday busyness and such, progress has been slow. Very little about this book has gone according to plan this year, and while there was a lot of stress involved, I’m trying to focus less on what didn’t happen and work on the story. I’m aiming to have this draft completed no later than February 14th though. Really.
BLOGGING
The Oh, What Fun! blog party returned, with some changes. The two-week format worked pretty well, so I think that’s what it will stick to for future editions! LW was a little busier than usual this month, with the blog party, top ten lists, and whatnot, and here’s a quick roundup:

ON THE BLOG

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE

LIFE
Christmas!
Lots of holiday prep, since my grandparents passed the tradition of hosting Christmas dinner to my mom. This was the second year we’ve hosted it and I think it went really well. I received some great gifts and got to spend time laughing with family and celebrating the holiday, which was lovely. And we took my nephew to the local Christmas parade, which was fun.

Baking.
This year, instead of buying gifts I decided to make treats and give them as gifts instead. Among them were peppermint sugar cookies, coconut bonbons, and peppermint bark.


Watching White Christmas in theaters.
My mom, sister, and I went to a local theater’s “flashback” showing of this one Sunday evening, and it was so much fun to watch on the big screen.

Planning goals for 2018.
I’ll have a post about those and recapping 2017’s goals on the blog later this week.

Snow!
It’s a bit uncommon to see much snow where I live this time of year, so having a very snowy day so early in December was a nice surprise!

Tell me about your December! Did you have a nice Christmas? What are you looking forward to in the new year?

Comments

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Can you believe it's already 2018? I'm just in shock! o.o

    I'm with you on the December thing, it's such an amazing month! I'm sad to see it go, but at the same time I'm excited about the new year. ^_^ It looks like you had quite the December! That's so precious you baked things for people. Those sugar cookies look soooo good! *drools* And how fun you got to see White Christmas on the big screen! Plus snooooow! We got some snow too and that NEVER happens, so it was thrilling!

    You are so sweet to link to my vlog post! THANK YOU! I'm honored!

    I do hope your 2018 is the absolute best yet! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know! I'll be spending the next few weeks (months?) trying to remember to write 2018 instead of 2017!

      Definitely! There's just something so exciting about starting off a new year—at least that's how 2018 is feeling so far. :) It was such a busy month but it really was great—lots of fun things going on but also plenty of time to rest and just take it easy as the year faded. And the snow! <3

      You're so welcome! It was such a fun vlog!

      Happy New Year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi, and welcome to Lovely Whatsoevers!

Feel free to comment—I love hearing from you!

(If this is your first visit to LW, I'd love to hear how you found this little corner of the internet!)

Thanks for stopping by!