Snippets | January 2018

It’s time for the first snippets post of 2018! All of these are from TAD2. It’s on track for where I wanted it to be by now, thankfully, and I’m really hoping it stays that way! But you probably didn’t click this to hear me rambling about that, did you? ;D
  The moment he saw the gray smoke drifting up from the chimneys of the manor, Vernin imagined collapsing into his favorite chair with something warm to drink and nothing but the sound of a fire crackling nearby to lull him into sleep. It was a fine dream.
  “Give us our things and let us go.”
  “With the price they have on you, I can promise that’s not going to happen.”
  “Even if it means she dies?”
  Cadien tilted his head to the side. “She wouldn’t be the first you’ve killed, would she, boy?”
  If Kat asked what had taken him so long, Ed wouldn’t lie about where he’d been. But the troublesome thing with telling her the truth meant edging too close to things he didn’t want to talk about with anyone. Not even her.
  Be a shadow. Idren had given the method a name, but it was a practice Sel had been familiar with long before he’d ever been taken to the academy. Really, it was something he’d gotten too good at, though he wouldn’t dare voice a complaint about it.
  Stand tall. You cannot afford to be thought anything less than certain. 
  “Please,” she whispered. “Just tell me the truth.”

Comments

  1. THESE WERE SO GOOD!!! I can just sense the feels bleeding everywhere! I can tell this is going to be a delightfully painful book. Eheheh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, and welcome to Lovely Whatsoevers!

Feel free to comment—I love hearing from you!

(If this is your first visit to LW, I'd love to hear how you found this little corner of the internet!)

Thanks for stopping by!